- 2kg fresh broad beans
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs tomato puree
- 2 slices Maltese bread (without crust)
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbs mint chopped
- Shell the broad Beans. Remove the crescent shaped piece at the top of each bean Heat olive oil in a pan, and fry chopped onion until soft and golden.
- Add the tomato puree and then add the beans.
- Add enough water till it covers the beans completely. Simmer until beans are tender.
- Soak the bread in the vinegar, remove any surplus vinegar by squeezing then mash using a fork.
- Add the garlic and mint (and some salt and pepper to season). Stir the mixture with the cooked beans.
- Serve hot! With lots of Maltese bread.